Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Placid. Serenity. A welcome length of silence in which I can retract and think about breasts and the importance of living like a hand outstretched in open palm. Test done. Agitation, gone. Discomfort, minimal. Not even indifferent, I begin drifting through my brain's back rooms with a flashlight. A subtle rustling and moving of papers, pencils. A faint "shyeet..." can be heard before, while my eyes begin to cast themselves towards nothingness...

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh..." say my eardrums. A fire alarm at point-blanc range sends waves of disorientation, shock, panic and terror throughout the class. A duct opens and my bloodstream flows with adrenaline.

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Somewhere, an angel loses its wings.

No comments: