Monday, November 13, 2006

Maybe you don't want to read about all my loose ends. In which case, sorry. It's just that this year continues in its subtle brutality and makes me think about all the years that came before it. They all unfold into that kind-of-beautiful thing. You know.

I just want very badly to be able to translate some of the geography of my experience onto your computer screens because I feel the collective Poetry of anyone's life is the greatest gift that can ever be given, and I want you all to have mine, because I want you to know me.

I have become terrible at levity. I read too much by serious men with black-and-white pictures. I'm going to learn how to breakdance as soon as my foot and knee heal, if that's any consolation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

louv I am still reading this, and also thegoodnights. I can't tell you I'm reading that one on that page though because I don't have a blog.

Just so you know

Anonymous said...

It hurts to look back. Even through bad times you always knew you had someone going through it with you. And really there weren't that many bad times. I'm hoping the two weeks I spend at home in December are as tremendous as I'm expecting, and that nobody's changed much in three months.

Anonymous said...

I quite like you Mr. Louv.

And the love-hate relationship you have with life.

Anonymous said...

more good nights!