Thursday, September 19, 2002

So word on the street is that I'm a hardened spite-monger who hates everything. Hmm. The stuff I like is just so obscure (in terms of popular society, anyway) that no one's ever heard of it, therefore it's pointless to bring it up.

So to clear this up I've compiled the list.

Musical Tastes:
Tom Waits
Radiohead
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Juno Reactor
Primal Scream
AC/DC (hehehe)
The Snaps
Tristrazea (that how you spell it?)
The Clash
The Ramones
Goldfrapp
(okay some of these are not so bizarre. in fact some of them define the mainstream. dammit.)

Books:
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman

Movies:
Lawrence of Arabia
Rushmore
Turkish Star Wars
The Royal Tenenbaums
Bottle Rocket
The Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge (anyone in my english class will be familiar with this one)
Amelie
Donnie Darko
Malcom X
Roger and Me
Blade Runner
Alien

I can go on and on and on...basically if you show me something bizarre or innovative I'll usually play along. It's just that everything's so consumed by the same Mc Music, Mc Movie and hack bestsellers that I never get a chance to flex my tastes in public. So ha.

No comments: